Raise Your Car From The Ground With Top 9 Leading Car Ramps
Although they have been in the market for decades, many people still can’t name the best car ramps in the market. Some will have clues on what a good ramp should be like while others have never bothered to know. Sadly, due to the oversight, lack of proper information, or to some extent, ignorance, many people end up with a bad ramp.
It may be too high for a low clearance vehicle, maybe a bit narrow to properly support wide tires, or maybe a bit steep making it a challenge to drive a car up the ramp. You also have to be wary of products that contain lots of holes as these may encourage bugs and insects to thrive. After looking at the different accessories in the market, I strongly believe that the following are the top 9 best car ramps in 2019.
#9 YM W4194 Rubber Wheel Chock
- Length of 8-3/4-inches for a smooth incline
- Solid rubber wheel chock for supporting heavy-duty loads
- Non-slip rubber bottom for the best grip
- Unique integral rubber handles for convenience and easy movement
Made from solid rubber, this wheel chock will safely jack your vehicle without compromising safety. It’s made from top-grade rubber that has good tensile strength and can endure regular use. The unit comes in a 2-pack for supporting two wheels at the same time and has a gradual slope. It is moderately wide and is perfect for most tires on the market. The textured surface and nonslip design keep the car intact even on loose soil or slippery surfaces. Unlike other options, the new rubber smell disappears pretty fast. For extra convenience and good portability, the chock includes a handle.
#8 Scepter 08226 2-Piece Plastic Automotive Ramp Set
- Core parabolic arch at the ramp’s center for good support
- Wide design for improved weight distribution
- 12,000-pound capacity to support heavyweights
- Grid design for directing dirt, water, and snow away from the top surface
- All weather design for use anywhere
- 9.8 inch X 35 inch dimensions to suit different cars
You don’t have to keep a “Hawks Eye” on your car every other minute because you doubt the strength and reliability of your ramp. You also shouldn’t damage the car because of using a type with sharp edges. With the 08226 automotive ramps, you are assured of easy and safe jacking. It’s made from heavy-duty plastic that feels very solid and durable. It comes in a gradual slope that allows the vehicle to smoothly access it. Although it’s made from plastic, it features a non-slip surface that minimizes the possibility of your vehicle moving or sliding off. Read More: Best Hand Trucks and Platform Trucks Reviews & Buying Guides.
#7 Race Ramps RR-EX-14 67-inch Xtender
By: Race Ramps
- Low profile to support car’s with a low clearance
- Adjustable angle for easy fitting
- Solid core for strength and preventing bugs from hiding
- Nonslip/nonskid material and design to prevent accidental movement
- 10-lb capacity per ramp suits most vehicles
- 6.6-degree approach angle for a smooth and gradual incline
Featuring a 767-inch extender, this professional-looking ramp is what you are possibly searching for. It comes in a wide design for support a range of wheels and has a low profile for easy jacking of the vehicle. The extenders come handy especially with low-profile vehicles which may be damaged by a high-profile piece. The angle of the ramp can be adjusted to suit the vehicle at hand whereas the fairly lightweight makes moving or carrying easy.
#6 Race Ramps RR-56-2 56-Inch Race Ramp
By: Race Ramps
- Patented process for a high-quality race ramp
- Rubbery textured surface for good grip
- 1500 pound capacity per ramp to suit heavy vehicles
- Smooth edges to prevent scratching or damaging the underbelly of the car
- Large solid bottom for preventing sliding or sinking on soft surfaces
Available in 2 pieces, the RR-56-2 ramp set by Race Ramps is suitable for different vehicles. It’s regarded as among the best car tramps on offer for various reasons. One, it’s solidly-built to support light and heavy vehicles. Two, it’s lightweight despite the’ strength and sturdiness. Three, its 56-inch long and driving a vehicle over it is easy. Four, it features a non-skid surface for reduces the possibility of it skidding during operation.
#5 RhinoGear 11912 RhinoRamps MAX Ramps-2-Pack
- Rugged design for use indoors and outdoors
- CoreTRAC non-skid base for minimal slippage
- Superior tread pattern for maximum traction
- 17-degree inclines for a gradual slope and easy access
- 16,000 pound GVW to support heavy vehicles
Imagine a ramp that can support a weight as high as 16,000lbs? Well, this is what you get when you purchase the 11912 RhinoRamps MAX by RhinoGear. It’s made from tough rubber that won’t disintegrate or crumble under the weight. The surfaces maintain a firm contact with the ground and ensure the unit and vehicle doesn’t move. The ramp can be placed on different places including dirt, pebble, grass, asphalt, and stone. Read More: Best Buy Motorcycles Lifts Reviews & Buying Guides
#4 Race Ramps RR-56 56-inch Race Ramp
By: Race Ramps
- Lightweight and compact for improved handling and carrying
- 100% solid core design for maximum strength and support
- Nonskid design for maximum support
- Handy straps for easy storage and convenient carrying
Secure your car better with the RR-56 ramp by Race Ramps. Measuring 56 inches long, this unit is appropriate for most cars and brands in the market. The fairly-long ramp has a steady incline that suits most cars including the low-profile type. It’s wide enough to accommodate varied tire sizes and has a non-skid surface for a firm hold. Despite its good strength and steadiness, it’s among the lightest pieces on the market. Maneuvering or carrying it should therefore not be a problem.
#3 Race Ramps RR-40 40-inch Race Ramp, 2-Pack
By: Race Ramps
- Lightweight for easy carrying and maneuverability
- Specially-constructed to prevent leaving marks or scratching the floor
- Versatile design to suit a range of vehicles
- Solid core to endure regular use
If it was a bit longer, this ramp set from Race Ramps would have ranked higher. Nevertheless, it’s still one of the best car ramps in the market. It measures 40 inches in length and comes in a decent width to support different tire sizes. It’s built from tough non-skid material that keeps the vehicle well secured even on loose soil or slippery surfaces. The accessory comes in a set of 2 to support two wheels simultaneously whereas its lightweight makes using and carrying it convenient.
#2 RhinoGear 11909 RhinoRamps Car Ramps, 2-Set
- CoreTRAC non-skid base minimizes skidding/slippage
- 17-degree inclines for improved access
- Low profile to suit low clearance vehicles
- 12,000-pound gross vehicle weight (GVW) capacity to suit various vehicles
With a maximum GVW Capacity of 12,000 lbs, this car ramps are the perfect solution for your jacking needs. They are suited for most car brands on the market and are among the easiest to use. They have a gentle slope and are moderately wide for easy use. The lightweight units are not only portable but also ruggedly-design for use in different situations. Like other top products, they have a non-skid textured surface for reducing skidding and providing maximum support.
#1 Race Ramps RR-XT-2 67-Inch Race Ramp, 2-Piece
By: Race Ramps
- Rubbery texture for optimum grip
- Lightweight for easy carrying
- Strong construction for good support and durability
- No sharp edges to prevent damaging or scratching the floor
- Large solid bottom for preventing sliding or sinking in sand, dirt, grass, loose soil, or asphalt
This race ramp has won the hearts of many people and some believe it’s the best car ramp. It comes with a versatile design and comprises of a race ramp, wheel chock, and Xtender. It has a simple but very effective design and can be used by a newbie without any issues. The practical accessory is very solid thanks to the robust design and materials. It has been engineered using a patented process that aims to ensure it provides easy access, maximum support, and stops slipping or skidding. Courtesy of the rubbery texture and space-age foam, the ramp will remain intact on most surfaces.
Yes, it may look very basic. However, without the proper one, you’ll struggle supporting or to elevate your car at the race track or garage. Image trying to drive your low clearance vehicle over a steep ramp, or trying to balance the wide tires over two thin ramps? Chances are that you may end up scratching or even damaging the car’s undercarriage or even missing the ramp due to the narrow width.
A poorly-designed ramp may break or get ruined easily or may have sharp edges that damage the car. It may not have a firm grip on the surface and this may cause it to slide or slip, or can be a bit heavy or too bulky to carry around. In this review, I have summarily looked at the top 9 best car ramps in the market. The focus was on stability, good support, nonslip/nonskid, simplicity, gradual incline, good size, decent weight and more. With any of these products, elevating and supporting your vehicle will be more convenient, effective, easy, and safe.